Facebook crashed on Thursday, September 23, 2010. With its 500 million + users up in arms, die-hard Twitter users and rookies alike took advantage of the situation. The humor varied from witty to snarky, from observant to lame. Many claimed they "didn't care" or made snide remarks about the people who were freaking out. No matter what you personally thought about the Trending Topic "Facebook Down," one thing was for sure: Twitter users came out to play!
Here's my Top 10 Tweets: favorite attempts at 140 character humor regarding the Facebook outage:
10. @ClickWebDesign - Facebook is down, so open a window and shout your status update to the people outside. If they "like" your status, they'll give a thumbs up.
9. @alqaeda - #facebook is down. Not sure if we did that, but we should claim credit anyway. Hitting the infidels where it hurts, etc.
8. @MTVClutch - Facebook is down. We can't tell who's hungry or tired.
7. @billyeichner - Facebook is still down!!! If anyone knows that weird girl I went to camp with, please tell her I said Happy Birthday!!!
6. @danicrino - DNS FAILURE: Facebook is down which means 9 months from today, many children will be born
5. @TheDollSays - Facebook users are roaming the streets in tears, shoving photos of themselves in people's faces and screaming 'DO YOU LIKE THIS? DO YOU??'
4. @Emilburp - When Twitter's down, everyone Facebooks it. When Facebook's down, everyone Tweets it. When MySpace's down, no one cares.
3. @OPB - BREAKING NEWS: Facebook is down. Worker productivity rises. U.S. climbs out of recession.
2. @40WattHype - We're holding a benefit concert for all the farmville crops that died when facebook went down...
And my personal favorite...
Other Fun "Facebook's Down" commentaries: